- Best Electric Skateboards
- Top 15 Best Electric Skateboards on the Market
- 1. Boosted 2nd Gen Dual+ Standard Range Electric Skateboard
- 2. SKATEBOLT Electric Skateboard Longboard
- 3. Boosted Dual+2000W Electric Skateboard
- 4. Onewheel Off-Road Skateboad
- 5. mGenesis Hellfire Electric Skateboard – Green Wheels
- 6. SWAGTRON SwagBoard NG-1 Youth Electric Longboard
- 7. MotoTec 1600W Dirt Electric Skateboard Dual Motor
- 8. Evolve Skateboards – Bamboo GT Series Electric Skateboard
- 9. Boosted Mini X Electric Skateboard
- 10. RazorX Cruiser Electric Skateboard
- 11. ACTON Blink Lite
- 12. Maxfind MAX-2 Single Motor Electric Skateboard
- 13. Maxfind MAX C Electric Skateboard
- 14. BLITZART Huracane 38″ Electric Skateboard
- 15. Mevolve Skateboards – Bamboo GTX Series Electric Skateboard
- Buying Guide For Best Electric Skateboards
- Benefits of Best Electric Skateboards
- PENNY BOARD RIDE
- LONGBOARD RIDING
- RIDE WAX SKIS AND SNOWBOARDS
Best Electric Skateboards
If you plan to set goals, then include a goal that allows you to go everywhere and see more things. With a Best Electric Skateboards, this is a dream come true. Skateboarding is an excellent way of spending your time moving from place to place using a skateboard.
Long gone are the days when you used to reserve a parking spot. Nowadays the skateboard has proved to be a convenient means of transportation. It’s a quick way to make it work, stadium, or a regular visit to your desired destination.
The best skateboards are electric-powered as they are fast and efficient. The selection process might prove difficult due to the flooded market. However, this review will help you get the nitty-gritty details about the Best Electric Skateboards on the market. We have settled on the top 15 Best Electric Skateboards which come with a variety of features to make your travel an exciting experience.
Let’s have a look at how each unit performs as you decide to buy one for yourself, friends, or children.
We have a good guideline for buying the Best Electric Scooters. (Click here to see our guide for Best Scooter Reviews)
Top 15 Best Electric Skateboards on the Market
1. Boosted 2nd Gen Dual+ Standard Range Electric Skateboard
Best electric skateboard for adults. Getting around the most historic sites has been made easy and affordable. This good-looking Boosted 2nd Gen skateboard is sturdy, quick, and quiet. It’s designed to give you peace of mind. It runs on a standard range battery that covers 6-7 miles on a single charge. This is enough to move you through breathtaking picnic sites.
The unit goes everywhere as it powerful enough with an electric motor that produces 2000 watts. This makes it easy to climb steep hills. You can accelerate the skateboard to hit top speeds of 22 mph. If you are a pro, don’t worry about the speeds as the braking system is designed to slow down the skateboard when skating downhill.
The Bluetooth remote control will help you take charge of the best speeds and other settings.
- It’s a durable model
- Covers 6-7 miles on a single charge
- Reaches speeds of up to 20mph
- Wide deck to keep your feet safe from sliding
- Lightweight and hence portable
- Features a powerful motor to ensure hills are easy to climb
- Has a remote control to put everything under your control
- The price is high, but the skateboard is worth the investment
2. SKATEBOLT Electric Skateboard Longboard
Best electric skateboard on the market. The remote-controlled SKATEBOLT comes in to wow your travel. It is a fantastic unit with a well-designed outlook making it classy. This powerful unit has exciting features that you will find appealing and equal to your traveling needs.
It runs on a 500-watt dual motor enabling it to power up to 25 mph. This means that you will make it to your destination on time. If your purpose to skate on top speeds, make sure you have the right safety gear.
On a single charge, you will keep cruising for 18.6 miles, which is an appealing distance for you to see the best sites in your neighborhood. The durability is unquestionable as the board comes from high-quality maple hence supports weights up to 280lbs. The 90mm wheels with the wide deck provide stability when skating.
For enhanced safety, this skateboard comes with tail lights that blink during the night notifying vehicles to slow down. The remote control is handy and will help you carry out various functions, including braking, lights, and checking the battery.
This skateboard gives you the confidence to shop as it has been approved by the safety standards board. It also has a 90-day warranty to provide you with time to experiment.
- Remote-controlled functions such as braking and lights
- Runs to maximum speeds of 25 mph
- Covers 18.6 miles on a single charge
- Runs on powerful dual motors producing 500 watts
- Stable wheels and a comfortable wide deck
- Has lights to ensure safety during the night
- Lightweight hence portable
- Certified and therefore safe for use
- It’s heavy when compared to other skateboards
3. Boosted Dual+2000W Electric Skateboard
Best electric skateboards for hills. Do you want to experience a unique feeling when skating? Get this Boosted electric skateboard. It’s a powerful unit designed to run on 2000 watts of power. This makes it easy to maneuver through hills and valleys at impressive speeds. The skateboard ranks as the only dual-drive system in the world, allowing you to skate downhill as well as uphill with a steady braking system to slow you down. This guarantees safety.
This board comes with multiple sensors, onboard microprocessors, and mobile connectivity something which transforms it into an electrical vessel to give you a pleasing nature tour. The durable bamboo deck with wide wheels makes this skateboard stable hence safe for all ages.
There is a speed range that runs through 10 mph to 22 mph where you will run the skate for 7 miles on a full charge. The board weighs 13.5 pounds hence light, which makes it portable.
- Speeds of 10 mph and unlocks to 22 mph
- Features sensors, microprocessors and mobile connectivity hence easy to ride
- The bamboo deck is durable and wide to provide stability
- Covers 7 miles on a full charge
- Lightweight thus portable
- Runs on powerful motor producing 2000 watts
- Overall durable construction
- It requires a lot of training to be an expert for top speeds
- When the battery dies, it’s expensive to replace
4. Onewheel Off-Road Skateboad
If you happen to be a first-time skateboarder, then this unit is designed for you. It’s easy to learn and will see you ride within a day. This means that the fun that comes with skateboarding will be at your disposal.
The Onewheel Off-Road Skateboard is a high-quality board designed to last you ages. It’s sturdy and has a big wheel at the center. The other specs provide a room where you can control the speeds for this unit. When it is too fast, lean behind and the skateboard will slow. When you want to move quickly, lean forward, and the speeds will set in.
It weighs 25 lbs. Hence a lightweight model that you can carry for short distances. It is super-fast and goes up to 15mph, and safety gear to ride as the speeds can cause serious accidents.
Finally, this unit is strong enough and has a carrying capacity of 225 lbs. This meets the value of your money.
- Has a big wheel ideal for bumpy and hilly roads
- Speeds can be adjusted by leaning forward or backward
- Strong and features a carrying capacity of 225lbs
- Runs maximum speeds of 15 mph
- Weights 25 lbs. hence portable
- Have lights designed to use at night
- Spare parts are hard to get
- Not physically appealing
5. mGenesis Hellfire Electric Skateboard – Green Wheels
Best electric skateboard for travel. The Genesis Hellfire Electric Skateboard is a sure way to travel fast and farther. This model covers 20 miles on a full charge hence excellent performance when compared to the competing types. You will also love the speeds that reach 20 mph courtesy of the powerful motor that works on an 800w power.
It runs on a lithium-ion battery which is durable and takes 2.5 hours to recharge hence a great deal for daily skating. Genesis also doubles up as a lightweight unit that weighs 16.5 lbs.making it portable. After a long day of skating, you can jump into the train or bus with your skate firmly in your hands.
Genesis features a superior construction hence long-lasting. You will buy with confidence, knowing that the skateboard will serve you for a longer time. The fun comes with the rechargeable remote control that allows you to control the entire unit while making moves anytime you feel the need — this excellent quality remote control which keeps the power for seven days.
Finally, the green wheels measure 90mm and will remain stable on the ground. The stability is also enhanced by the wide deck that makes your ride safe.
- Runs for 20mph
- Fully charged battery covers 20 miles
- It takes only 2.5 hrs. for the battery to charge
- Uses the remote control to make turn and moves
- Has wide green wheels for stability
- The deck is wide to offer stepping area hence safe
- Takes a maximum load of 264 lbs
- No warranty provided hence no assurance of quickly replacing the unit
- Requires time for newbies to master high speeds
6. SWAGTRON SwagBoard NG-1 Youth Electric Longboard
This is one of the top electric skateboard brands. If you want to use a skateboard that is efficient and less costly, then get this SWAGTRON SwagBoard NG-1. It runs on a rechargeable 24V LI-ON FE BATTERY which runs up to 10 miles before recharging. This means that you will have exhausted your desired areas. The speeds go up to 10 mph with an impressive wireless remote control. This means that functions like braking system, control of speed and notifications on speed and battery status will always show.
The wheels are made of polyurethane hence durable and absorb shock. You will, therefore, enjoy the smooth ride without bothering about the terrain. The maple wood deck provides traction to the riders making it safe and comfortable.
It is UL 2272 certified hence a sure way to trust the skateboard. If you get problems operating the skateboard, kindly refer to the manual for additional guidelines.
- Easy to use as there is a remote control
- The maximum speeds are 10 mph
- The battery runs for 10 miles on a full charge
- Its Ul certified hence safe
- Wheels are made from high-quality materials, therefore, absorbs shock
- Lightweight and thus portable
- Suitable for beginners and short ‘distance travelers
- The quality isn’t excellent as compared to other competitors
7. MotoTec 1600W Dirt Electric Skateboard Dual Motor
Here is a sturdy skateboard designed for those who believe in style and performance. It features four high-quality air-filled tires with an excellent suspension to allow you to move on any terrain. The unit operates on two motors carefully mounted under the deck. The motor power is 1600 watts with each motor powering 800 watts. This ensures speeds of 18-22 mph are delivered.
There are three adjustable speeds slow, fast to the maxi rider. You choose what level you desire
The ply maple deck skateboard is extensive and of high quality giving it a carrying capacity of 260lbs. You will be able to ride from 60 to 90 minutes, depending on the speed you are using. The great thing is that recharging only takes 3-5 hours, and you are back to your fun-filled activity.
The skateboard weighs 71 lbs, which makes it stable on the ground when you compare it with other models. When it’s not in use, there is an auto-power shut off function that guarantees you power saving.
- Skateboard weighs 71 lbs which makes it stable on the road
- The four tires are well suspended thus moves on different terrains.
- Has two motors with 1600 watts power
- The deck comes from high-quality materials hence durable
- Runs through three-speed modes, i.e., slow, fast and max
- 18-22 mph
- Covers 60 t0 90 minutes on a single charge
- It takes 3-5 hours to recharge
- Very heavy hence disadvantage for children
- The battery life is short
8. Evolve Skateboards – Bamboo GT Series Electric Skateboard
The Evolve Skateboards come with four-speed modes, i.e., GT, FAST, ECO, and Slow. If you are a pro, then Gt is your level, and for beginners, the slow mode is advisable. This means that you will cruise through top speeds of 22-26 mph while climbing hills of a 25 percent gradient. It offers the best way to beat time in case you are late for an appointment.
The remote control makes the coordinated moves easy as you can accelerate the speeds either up or down and also apply brakes when stopping. This makes the entire ride fun-filled. The detail of the speed, battery level, and distance are displayed on the LCD digital screen, allowing you to decide the changes you would want.
This fantastic unit is ideal for a smooth terrain or hard surfaces like concrete, bitumen, or tarmacked paths.
- The remote control helps in speed adjustment, braking, and controlling the time you need to skate.
- LCD shows the distance, speed and battery level
- The single charge covers 21 miles
- Has four-speed modes for you to choose your level, i.e., GT, fast, Eco and Slow
- Speeds reach 22-26 mph
- 18-22 mph
- Portable unit
- The battery is unreliable and can develop problems after a short while
9. Boosted Mini X Electric Skateboard
The Boosted Mini X Electric Skateboard is a small board with amazing features to give you satisfactory results. It’s designed to run at speeds of 20mph hence getting you to your destinations quicker than other skateboards.
You will also be able to climb steep hills since the motor is powerful to get you uphill. This makes the skateboard highly sought after as it gets you where you want, not bothering about the terrain. It runs through three ride modes, and this ensures that you reach your destination easier or later as you wish. With the regenerative brakes, you are assured of your safety downhill as the brakes slow the skateboard down, giving you an easy time to move downhill.
The deck looks like a deep dish, and this will ensure that you remain stable on the skateboard making your safety a priority. With the lunar 80mm wheels you will enjoy added stability and a smooth ride. Finally, the unit covers 14 miles on a single charge, which takes approximately 1hr 45 minutes.
- Runs for 1 hr. 45 minutes
- Has 80mm wheels hence easy to use
- Speeds of 20mph
- The deck is wide and thus safe
- Regenerative brakes will deliver emergency stops in case of any danger
- Has three-speed modes for you to pick your level
- You can go up to 14 miles on a single charge
- Has a remote control for intuitive movement
- Prices are high
- On bumpy roads, you will feel them
- Customer care support not reliable
10. RazorX Cruiser Electric Skateboard
If you prefer a lightweight skateboard, then this could be your ideal selection. Its deck is made of 5-ply maple hence durable. You will, therefore, cruise any terrain with ease. The unit runs for 40 minutes on a full charge. This is powered by a 125-watt motor with a lithium-ion powered electric battery.
When skating you can move to top speeds of 10mph hence safe as this isn’t that fast. With the wireless remote control included, you can command the skateboard to move to your desired direction fast and at different speeds.
The wheels are high grip and ensure stability when skating. This is because the wheels form a remarkable grip in between the wheel and the surface, allowing you to cruise with confidence.
Since the type is a high-quality unit, it supports weights up to 220 lbs and children from 9 years will cruise on this skateboard safely.
- Comes with a remote control to adjusts speeds
- Has a carrying capacity of 220lbs
- Runs to maximum speeds of 10mph
- The charged battery lasts for 40 minutes
- Ideal for all ages and children from 9 years
- Weights 12.5 lbs. hence portable
- The type is not long-lasting
- The battery is huge
Best electric skateboards for kids. Are you always late for school or your town business? Well, this is designed for you. Its dubbed as the world’s lightest electric skateboard for kids and youths. It adds fun to everything you do, and for a single charge, you will travel 5 miles.
The model weighs 7.7 lbs, which makes it easy to carry around and use it anytime you need it. With its excellent wheels, you will be able to cruise through the pavements as you save on time. Additionally, you can use the remote to flick through the settings and get the reverse or forward setting. This means that you will have an easy time when operating this unit.
- Has a remote control for comfortable cruising
- Moves for 5 miles on a full charge
- Designed for youths and kids
- Lightweight hence portable
- Has stable wheels
- The battery span is low
- Covers a few miles as compared to other types
- Ideal for kids and youths only
- Not durable
12. Maxfind MAX-2 Single Motor Electric Skateboard
If you want an everyday use skateboard, then this one will be ideal for you. The model is lightweight and hence portable. Any student or office worker will find it amazing and useful.
A fully charged battery runs it through 16.2 miles at speeds of 18.6 mph. the powerful 500w single motor guarantees you enough power to push this skateboard to your desired destination. The two-speed modes, i.e., low and high, are available for you to select whichever level that suits your requirements.
The hand-operated remote control ensures you switch through the different speed levels ensuring you are safe when running the skateboard. This offers the joy required when commuting to school. It comes already assembled and hence hustle free. Again, you will enjoy the 6-month warranty.
- Has two speed modes, i.e., high and low
- Uses a remote control hence safe
- A fully charged battery runs through 16.2 miles
- Has a powerful motor 500w that enhances the 18.6 mph
- Lightweight therefore portable
- Stable deck for safety
- Durable wheels
- Comes with a 6-month warranty
- Very small
13. Maxfind MAX C Electric Skateboard
Here is another Maxfind MAX C model which is designed to give you a tour in your neighborhood, town or school. The type features a powerful 500w motor that enables the skateboard to run 14 mph. The distance covered on a fully charged battery is 13 kilometers.
This is also lightweight and weighs 8.1 lbs. Hence portable. This factor makes it easy to ride as well as move from place to place. The kids will find it fun as it guarantees them the best experience when using the road.
The 70mm wheels allow you to cruise through pavements as you enjoy stability. All the spare parts are available and at affordable prices, making this skateboard an excellent deal for your family. The maximum load this unit can carry is 132 lbs; hence, a nice skateboard for youths and kids.
The two-speed modes are easily alternated using the remote control, making the entire operation easy and stress-free.
- Lightweight and portable hence ideal for kids
- Comes with remote control for smooth operation
- Maximum load capacity is 60kgs
- The wheels are stable for relaxed cruising
- Speeds of 14 mph on a single charge run through 13 km
- Spare parts are easy to find
- Not durable
- Only ideal for young people
14. BLITZART Huracane 38″ Electric Skateboard
The BLITZART Huracane 38″ Electric Skateboard comes fully assembled, and the hustle of assembling won’t be part of your to-do list. This saves you time. You will love features like its range of speeds for the beginners and experienced persons. Again, the maximum speeds of 17mph ensure that you reach your destination on time. Once the battery is fully charged, this skateboard covers 6-8 miles.
The Lithium-Ion Battery used takes 2 hours to charge fully and will see you resume your travel very fast. The deck on the other side is made of 6-ply maple wood hence strong enough to hold a maximum weight of 250lbs. When riding, the feet are kept firmly on the deck as there is grip tape on the board.
The powerful motor with a regenerative braking system ensures that your speeds are well regulated and also the climbing speeds are correctly set to give you an exciting ride.
- Durable construction as the deck features a 6-ply maple wood construction
- The regenerative braking system gets you safety at hand
- The maximum carrying capacity of 250lbs
- Runs for 6-8 miles on a single charge
- Has maximum speeds of 17mph
- The battery takes only 2 hrs to recharge
- Lightweight and portable
- Sometimes disconnects from the remote hence dangerous
15. Mevolve Skateboards – Bamboo GTX Series Electric Skateboard
If you are a fun-loving person and ready to travel at high speeds, then this board will get you the specific needs. The Bamboo GTX Series Electric Skateboard comes from quality materials hence durable. It runs on the top speeds of 26mph. This is because the model has a powerful motor that produces enough torque to power the unit.
The four-speed mode that includes GT, FAST, ECO, and SLOW gives you the freedom to choose the speed you want. This can be done effortlessly by the wireless remote-control system. A fully charged battery will run for 31 miles, and this is enough for you to tour several places.
The wheels are sturdy, and the deck is also durable. This quality allows the unit to power you through different terrains, and even hills will be easy to climb.
- Durable type
- Comes with four-speed modes GT, FAST, ECO and SLOW
- Works with a wireless remote control
- Top speeds of 26mph
- Powerful motor to produce enough power for cruising on different terrains
- Runs for 31 miles on a full charge
- The remote can stop synchronizing with the board
Buying Guide For Best Electric Skateboards
If you plan to purchase a skateboard, then get the best from the market. You will do this by checking through the specifications that meet your needs. With varieties for you to choose from, you need more information on the key things you need to consider. Here are a few pointers that will help you make the right decision when buying a skateboard.
Before you purchase the skateboard, try to figure out the kind of terrains you purpose to cruise. Hilly and bumpy terrains require a sturdy skateboard and the one that runs for more miles per hour. For the flat terrain types, you can get a low costing unit as the specifications are not complicated.
Both children and adults need skating fun. The heavy board tends to take more weight as compared to the light types. Consider the carrying capacity of your selected board before buying. Again, the ability to transport this unit should be in your mind. Is it something you can carry around stress-free?
We have different types of boards for different users. The beginner level requires a narrow and lightweight model and should have maximum speeds of 10mph. With intermediate skateboarders, they know the basics and some tricks and hence need a slightly advanced board. Take time and talk to the experienced individuals on the Best Electric Skateboards for this level. For the expert cruisers, you need an advanced model with excellent speeds and a unit that can perform more tricks for you.
Advanced technology allows more functions to the skateboards. A remote run skateboard gives you the power to make any command. May it be braking, accelerating or slowing down the unit. This lies in your hands. Models with a remote-control function are easy to ride and offer the space for more tricks.
Spare parts availability
Some skateboards will look amazing. However, the spare parts might be challenging to get. This means that the choice of a great skateboard should go hand in hand with the availability of spare parts. The parts should be affordable to meet your budget needs.
The durability of the battery
Does the battery last? You can have a look at different customer opinions before you decide to buy them. Some skateboards have a short battery span, and mostly, you will find the battery replacement costs. To ensure your battery stays for long, charge it for the recommended time.
Size of the skateboard
We have long skateboards and short types. For beginners, you will need to select the long skateboards as they offer enough space for your feet. Short skateboards area ideal for experts as they know more tricks when skating.
Size of the wheels
Your terrain will determine the wheel size you need. Big wheels with a wide width are recommended for beach rides, hills, and rough roads. The wide wheels offer stability to the skateboard hence improving your safety.
The deck types
We have the maple wood type decks and the slick decks. The material used in its manufacturing creates the difference. With the maple wood decks, they are light and offer the best quality for cruising. They are also available and hence easy to replace. The slick types are heavy, and the plastic underneath is difficult to find. This makes the spare parts hard to find.
When riding at night, there is the need to have warning lights to allow other road users to slow down. Find a Best Electric Skateboards with lights for your safety.
Time to recharge the battery
It takes different time for different skateboards to recharge. The best types take less than five hours to recharge. Consider such so that you can enjoy at least two to three rides in a day. The amount of power determines the distance covered and the time taken. Some batteries will get you less than an hour of travel while others deliver more than an hour.
Before you make that purchase, inquire about the warranty. It helps you buy the unit with confidence. Most manufacturers offer a warranty.
Cost of the unit
The price should be affordable, and this means your selection depends on your budget. Buy something that will not strain you. The market has affordable units that you can start surveying and picking something that meets your needs.
Just like other transportation vessels, skateboards require safety gear. You need a headgear, pads, gloves, and knee protectors. This will give you peace of mind when cruising.
Pre-Assembled or not
If you are a novice, go for the already assembled types. This will save you time and give you the motivation to cruise. If you are an expert, you can buy all the parts and join them by yourself. This gets you a customized unit for your fun rides.
Benefits of Best Electric Skateboards
Avoid Parking Hustle
Most of the skateboards are small and hence portable. You don’t have to look for a parking slot but put the skateboard in your bag and relax.
It’s Cheap and Available
Most of the units cost less than $1000, and this is excellent considering the many roles the skateboard will play.
You Can Choose the Model that Meets your Needs
There are hundreds of skateboards on the market, and this gives you the freedom to pick what meets your budget as well as the one that fits your specifications.
Easy to set up and use
Some arrive already set up, so it’s a matter of getting it out of the box and head on the road. On the other side, others require a manual for easy setup.
Cover-More Distance on a Single Ride
You can go places with the skateboard as you explore different neighborhoods. This improves your exposure and helps you get in touch with new experiences.
Save Time During Rush Hour
If you are a student or an office worker, then the skateboard should be a priority. It can save you during lessons or examination. If you have an office, it’s easy to make it on time
This can act as a hobby. Skating gives you peace of mind as you can easily forget any experiences and focus on balancing and resetting the skateboard.
The choice of your wheel depends on your target terrain and comfort needs. We have the rough roads and bumpy terrains that need well-suspended wheels while the smooth terrain will require any other wheels, especially the small wheels for stability.
The width of the deck depends on the type of skateboard you plan to buy. In most cases, medium decks are excellent as they balance the skateboard and gives you adequate space to perform other functions such as smooth turning.
The remote control allows the wireless operations of the skateboard. Sometimes, the setbacks are caused by low batteries, double commands, and failure of the software. If you notice this, then call customer care for further advice.
The wood types are commonly used and the most preferred. The reason behind this is the lightweight nature of the wood decks as well as the cost-effective. The slick types are heavy, and the plastic section underneath makes it hard to ride.
Most of the kids are at the beginner level, and we recommend a lightweight unit with speeds of less than 10mph. This is safe as the kid will not accelerate to the dangerous speeds.
When purchasing a skateboard, an informed decision will get you the right vessel to hit the road. Some of the things we suggested include the motor power, size of the wheels, the durability of the skateboard, the size of the deck, remote-operated, and distance covered.
The other thing we suggested is the condition of the deck, i.e., new or used. This will depend on your budget. Therefore, this review focused on carefully selected products from the flooded market. We only found the top 15 after thorough research. We are hopeful at least one or two will meet your needs.
Buy one today and see the kind of excitement it brings. The types are low costing, and the quality is incredible. You will receive value for your money! You need the best shoes for skateboarding.
Also you can check our article about: